Monday, October 10, 2011

Run... I hear Banjos....

There are moments on this planet that I wish with all my heart I could erase.

I sat quiet in the living room.  Virg and our son Jim were watching TV.  I spotted a youtube.com video that looked intriguing.  Dueling banjos.  I clicked on it, and turned the sound of the computer on low.  My husband's eyes were drawn to the computer screen.  He sat and listened.  He then asked if I would click on a video that he saw from CCR.  Of course, I would never say no.  I clicked.  It was a video that showed scenes from Viet Nam during the war years.  It was short clips of battle fields.  All the horrid-ness of war.  Too late.  He watched, mesmerized.  He then asked for another.  And another.

It was watching a man torture himself.  Like a moth dancing with the fire.  He had to see it, but it was poison.  The tears came... not only to him...  I continued to find clips, picking carefully.  Unfortunately, the battle scenes were real.Trying to move to lighter scenes... finding Platoon clips in the end.  Playing it... It was the music that he wanted.  Platoon gave me a gateway to go away from the real and move quietly to the not real realm.  I found a Johnny Horton.  Johnny Reb.  That was my escape to lightness.  I then found Snoopy Vs Red Baron, and seg-wayed  into Simon and Garfunkel.  That broke the spell.  Such sadness coming about just cause I found Dueling Banjos.

There are moments on this planet that I wish with all my heart I could erase.


No comments:

Post a Comment