Saturday, December 17, 2011

A Soldier's Surprise...

I went to a party last night. a surprise party we had arranged for my dear husband. he is suffering from the effects of Agent Orange and all the Alphabet Soup of chemicals that we, as a country dumped on our young soldiers during the Vietnam war. His brother stood... the same brother that my husband protected from ever having to go to Vietnam, by volunteering to stay in Vietnam until the brother was out of the military. The brother's lottery number on the draft at the time was 37. He was meant to go. The country could not send him due to the Sullivan Act as long as my husband was still there. The brother gave a speech, saying "thank you", after 41 years of life.... I have never cried so much in my life. I tried so hard to hold the tears in me. I could not. Celebrate "Silent Night" with love all... and say a quiet "thank you" to the souls that have protected you...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eWExFTFAQzA#!

No comments:

Post a Comment