Come home yesterday to the news that we do have an appointment to go out the the local VA group and meet with Sue again. We have the medical records from all the heart docs... we have the form filled out that the VA wanted for the Ischemic Heart Disease claim... Now just to wait until Tuesday. Virgil is sleeping tons... still having a lot of trouble breathing with the bronchitis. The antibiotic does not appear to be doing much at this time, and the cough syrup he is on the killer strong. I am sure that is what is knocking him out. I can still hear him wheeze from 15 feet away. Will be heading back to the GP if we don't start seeing a difference soon.
Virgil did get a call from the urology surgeon. Appointment set for November 2nd. He is rather grouchy about it. Can't say as I blame him. To know you are going to have to have someone cutting into your belly for a look see would not lead me to be Miss Merry Sunshine either. I keep cooking all his favorite foods... trying to tempt him.
Weather has done a drastic turn to the cold. Supposed to have a hard freeze tonight. All the tomatoes left in the garden are covering my kitchen table. Thankful for the food, and the fact that I have a table to place them on. Cold is the other thing that he just does not handle well. The joints swell twice as often. The plants thrive in the house now that the heat is up to 75 or 80 every day. Me, I wilt... Any cooler than that, and he just can't take it. I started to put all my shorts and capri's away, but quickly changed my mind. I am going to need them just to be able to clean the house... Thanking the Greater Power every day for the fireplace. With that, at least, we can "zone heat".
Trying to figure out how to spend as much time at work next week, so I can meet the bills. No vacation left again. Any time off is going to be unpaid. There is no way that he can handle either appointment on his own. Will probably spend a couple of evenings there to make up for the time away... Bills have to be paid, and the food brought home... If I hear one more person tell me about priorities, I am going to scream. I am at every appointment that he has. There are co-pays and medications that have to be purchased. I joke frequently about a "frequent patient program" at the doc offices... but they don't seem to realize just how serious I am. In the last month, We have spent nearly a week's wages on medications and co-pays... That hurts when the taxes and everything else comes out of my check...
He is gently snoring away, and I have to finish supper... stuffed green peppers... one of his favorites...
Virgil did get a call from the urology surgeon. Appointment set for November 2nd. He is rather grouchy about it. Can't say as I blame him. To know you are going to have to have someone cutting into your belly for a look see would not lead me to be Miss Merry Sunshine either. I keep cooking all his favorite foods... trying to tempt him.
Weather has done a drastic turn to the cold. Supposed to have a hard freeze tonight. All the tomatoes left in the garden are covering my kitchen table. Thankful for the food, and the fact that I have a table to place them on. Cold is the other thing that he just does not handle well. The joints swell twice as often. The plants thrive in the house now that the heat is up to 75 or 80 every day. Me, I wilt... Any cooler than that, and he just can't take it. I started to put all my shorts and capri's away, but quickly changed my mind. I am going to need them just to be able to clean the house... Thanking the Greater Power every day for the fireplace. With that, at least, we can "zone heat".
Trying to figure out how to spend as much time at work next week, so I can meet the bills. No vacation left again. Any time off is going to be unpaid. There is no way that he can handle either appointment on his own. Will probably spend a couple of evenings there to make up for the time away... Bills have to be paid, and the food brought home... If I hear one more person tell me about priorities, I am going to scream. I am at every appointment that he has. There are co-pays and medications that have to be purchased. I joke frequently about a "frequent patient program" at the doc offices... but they don't seem to realize just how serious I am. In the last month, We have spent nearly a week's wages on medications and co-pays... That hurts when the taxes and everything else comes out of my check...
He is gently snoring away, and I have to finish supper... stuffed green peppers... one of his favorites...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete