Wednesday, October 5, 2011

doctors, doctors, and more doctors....

This day has been a long one of waiting around.  First appointment was to see Sue, the congestive heart failure clinic nurse practitioner.  That required a 70 mile drive to get to the office.  She had planned to up the level of the drugs that Virg is taking for heart failure.  Unfortunately, his kidneys are kicking out blood, and until we know the cause, and increase is just not safe.  Sue had commented on how tired Virg looked.  I shared a little of what we have been going through.  The bad nights where he really doesn't rest, and the feelings of unease.  Her brother had been in Nam too.  She shared how her brother was denied the first claim, and then on appeal, won the case.  This seems to be a common statement from anyone that will talk of it.  We talked of the spots I have found where i network with other wives.  I shared how there is a cluster of guys, all from Nam, with Rheumatoid Arthritis... and this is a disease that guys just rarely get.  Ladies yes.... but there are just way to many vets with the disease, there has to be a link.... she made me promise to keep her in the loop of anything further I find by networking.

Had a short conversation with the office manager of another office we had been using for a pulmonologist.  They operate out of the same waiting room.  We were informed that even though we have dead set proof of false documentation, that they would not be able to state that we would not be seen by the same person... We were polite, but firm.  We do not take kindly to false documentation in medical records... that can lead to medical issues latter that just is not what anyone needs.  I am not going to type the name of the group here... but if you need to know who to stay away from, I will share that privately.   Left with an appointment to see the nurse again in 3 months, and an appointment to see the cardiac surgeon tomorrow.  Totally unclear on why he wants to see us.  Guess we will find out when we get there.

Seventy mile drive to hometown again.  Went to the General Practice Doc in the afternoon.  Flu shot for my babe, and workup ordered to figure out just what the heck all this blood is about.  Don't have a clue as to when they will schedule it.  Know it will be quickly.  Doc Frier started to fill out the forms the VA needs from him.  It was strange, how I was pulling dates out of my head from 8 years ago... I just knew them, and they were right on target.  He has to pull the first medical file for Virgil to be able to finish it.  We should have that in hand soon.

Too tired to think straight much more today.  Back to a surgeon tomorrow, and then the U of I on Frday morn for what I hope is the last appointment there.  They are really great for some things.  Other things they just aren't good at... and for the lungs... they have everything so fractured...  and the waiting is way too long between everything.  I don't have a lot of patience when it comes to my babe's care.  He means the world to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment